Joy, joy, joy! That’s what my heart is singing as I’m admiring the sunshine out the window. Happy Monday everyone–I hope your weekend was delightfully restful and you’re back into the swing of things today! It’s time for the Flower Fairy Card of the week…Joy! Remember to plant the seed! So what seeds are you planting for yourself today? Joy is an interesting concept–it’s something that many people seek out, want to be given to them, take a pill for, and get depressed when they aren’t successful in finding it. Where do you find joy? It would be so much easier if it was the blue light special at Kmart, or you could pick it up in the drive-thru on your way home, unfortunately, it’s not that easy. Keeping it real here–I am happy and joyful..most of the time. Most of the time is the key phrase. I have my moments of sadness…or pure bitchiness (yes, it happens to the best of us, just ask my two friends who were hanging with me on Saturday evening…I blame PMS)…and/or peeps are driving me crazy. We all know how life is. Many people have asked me where my happiness and joy comes from. Here’s my response:
1. Look for what’s positive in all situations and focus on the good.
2. Smile, and smile some more.
3. Have pets who love you unconditionally.
4. Don’t wallow in the uncomfortable emotions. Acknowledge and accept them, and do what you need to take care of them so you can move on.
5. Start your day off with laughter–laughter makes everything better. Laugh even more.
6. Follow your heart–identify what it is that you are wanting and make plans to work towards it.
7. Realize you’re not going to make everyone happy, focus on you and what makes you happy.
8. Live life with wonder.
It’s actually very easy (at least I think so!) once you get into the habit. And when I get out of the habit, I just have to get over myself and get back on track. Other things–therapy works wonders…so does yoga and meditation…so does putting boundaries into place for not healthy people in my life…so does the occasional sugar binge I go on (that damn PMS again!)…and realizing I’m not perfect and that is ok! Live life with joy! Remember to plant the seed!